Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - 2010

Sindhu designed how they would place the fruits and flowers and later they made a flower decoration which read "God Ganesha"


My "kundan" rangoli set - sparkles at night time when the lights reflect off it.
We performed a quiet Ganesh puja this year. I was a litle disappointed that I did not take pictures of the huge Ganesh idols they were selling on the streets, I was feeling especially nostalgic since it may be our last Ganesh Chaturthi in India. Although the vendor claimed the idol we purchased is eco-friendly, I can't be sure. Prasad and Rushil performed the puja and as you can see, Rushil takes his "praying" very seriously. He performed 101 gunjalu! (crouches while holding his ears), Sindhu managed 50 which was impressive in itself. Sindhu designed and drew her own muggu (rangoli) in front of door with colours, I wish I was better at it so I could guide her, Chaitra our previous maid  used to help her before. They had a small celebration at the clubhouse and they had beautifully decorated the room and served prasadam after the puja.

5 comments:

Teju said...

You are not going to believe this - we completely forgot about Ganesh Puja this year.

Nina wants to do the puja and aarti on this coming weekend.

I am hoping to take them to a garba thing this year.

Raji P. said...

What is that kundan rangoli set?! it is glorious! can you get Kavya one??!!

Beautiful Ganesh Chaturthi .....

Raji P. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mythili said...

Raji, I'll pick one up for Kavya. BTW, it's not really kundan but sort of those coloured stickers but it is elegant looking. Is it really for Kavya or you ? :-)

Mythili said...

Teju, we tend to forget when we're in the US but here, there is no way to forget. If you don't do the puja, you've voluntarily chosen not to :-)