Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Always Late

I don't know what drives me to do everything in the last minute. I have the best of intentions to leave at 4pm to pick up the kids for an appointment but I leave at 4:10, add a stop to the library, super market and bank along the way. Then I ask my driver, Vijay to speed up since I'm running late but he usually ignores my request.  The only time, he floors the pedal is when we're headed to the airport or train station. Let's face it, if we leave town, he gets a holiday and who would risk that!?! There have been times when we asked him to wait for us in the parking lot in case we missed the flight or train. Most of the time, I do make it but there have been days I have chased down the bus, and begged the bus parent to stop. I used to be able to get to work by 8:30AM, now getting out of the house at 11AM is a challenge and 9AM a near impossibility. It's 10AM now, and I'm just putzing around on the internet when I have a million things to do like you know ordering furniture, getting curtains made, tailoring and a couple of important things mixed in too . My maid didn't show up today, so maybe I should get to the dishes or alternatively, I can spend the next hour calling around to find a backup maid instead of spending that time washing them myself.

4 comments:

Raji P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raji P. said...

ROTFLMAO!!! Which plan won? calling for backup or actually washing dishes?!

Mythili said...

Neither one. I waited till the next day when my maid showed up :-)

Teju said...

This was too funny. I actually can vividly picture Mythili waving her very expressive hands at bus drivers as she chases them down..