In the last couple of months, Rushil has been randomly picking boys to play cricket or soccer with at the playground. Earlier, he would only play with his two best friends and was too shy to play with anyone else. It's nice to see he has the confidence to join a new group and ask if he can play with him. Last weekend though, his group left and an older group came onto the field. Rushil asked them twice if he could play with them but the boys didn't let him join them. So he came back home and hung out with us. I asked him why he came back so early and he said, one group left and the other group wouldn't let him play because he was too little. I asked him if he agreed with them. He said, "No, they don't know how good I am. Just because I'm little doesn't mean I'm not good enough to play with them. They should have given me a chance." These incidents no longer deter him, he just moves on to another group. Most of the kids are off for the summer, so they stay out quite late, I'm constantly having to drag him back to the house in the evenings because he is having way too much fun on the field. I hope he carries this confidence with him across the seas.
2 comments:
Way to go, Rushil!!
good for him!
Post a Comment