When I had mild pain repeatedly in my elbow after a couple of tennis lessons, I decided to stop playing rather than aggravate it further. I didn't go to the doctor to get it diagnosed. My elbow still hurts sometimes when I carry something heavy but no significant impact to my life and if anything I get more sleep, I don't have to get up at 6:15 for the lessons.
Prasad hurt his foot and couldn't run and play tennis. For weeks, he would let it heal and then start running again and the pain would come back. He still wanted to continue with tennis lessons but I reasoned that it didn't make any sense till his foot healed completely. He saw multiple doctors, went through multiple tests and chose the treatment option that would get him back to his beloved running asap. After one week, his foot started feeling better and guess who was at the tennis court this morning and in a bit of pain afterwards!?!
To be honest, I can't really appreciate why he is in such hurry and can't enjoy his time off from running and he is amused that I just stopped the tennis lessons without even pursuing any treatment options. So that is the difference between us.
Prasad hurt his foot and couldn't run and play tennis. For weeks, he would let it heal and then start running again and the pain would come back. He still wanted to continue with tennis lessons but I reasoned that it didn't make any sense till his foot healed completely. He saw multiple doctors, went through multiple tests and chose the treatment option that would get him back to his beloved running asap. After one week, his foot started feeling better and guess who was at the tennis court this morning and in a bit of pain afterwards!?!
To be honest, I can't really appreciate why he is in such hurry and can't enjoy his time off from running and he is amused that I just stopped the tennis lessons without even pursuing any treatment options. So that is the difference between us.
1 comment:
I can totally relate. I am hoping that we get to a Prasad like state in life where I enjoy the activity so much that I will go into great lengths to keep it up.
Post a Comment