Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Birthday!

The day started off with warm birthday wishes from S & R, Rushil played the one and only song he knows on the keyboard, "Happy Birthday" and rushed off to school. In the evening,  our plan was to go to dinner in the city at one of Bangalore's top 5 restaurants called Samarkand.  Rushil was out playing cricket, by the time we dragged him in, all of us got us ready and Sindhu finished  making her card and present, it was too late to head to the city on a school night. We decided to go to Jamavar, an upscale restaurant at the Leela which is also on the Top 5 list. Can you believe they were full on a Thursday night and could not accommodate us till 9pm?  We drove down 100ft road in Indiranagar and stopped at Barbeque Nation and they were full too!  What's with Bangalore, who are all these people  going out on a Thursday evening?!? We obviously don't go out enough because we had no idea this is how it is.  We kept on driving, meanwhile, Sindhu is plugging her favourite Italian restaurant, Little Italy but I wanted to try out an Indian or Asian place, I can do Italian when we move back. We passed by this small hole in the wall place and Prasad joked that maybe we should eat there and Sindhu's response, "Even I wouldn't go so low as to eat there!" Prasad and I just burst out laughing. Sunny's just opened a new restaurant and they fortunately still had plenty of tables and they serve continental and Asian food so everyone was happy!  I had a special evening with the family, lots of calls from family members and many many email and FB birthday wishes, what more could I ask for.  Prasad felt bad the night didn't go as planned and that he didn't get me a present and bought himself more time  till Sunday :-)  Although I told him not to get anything because I shop for myself all the time, what else does a woman of leisure do?

She also gave me this cute coupon book!

Sindhu made her card at home but Rushil forgot and felt really bad about it. Sindhu took the opportunity to rub it in further when he was writing the card in the restaurant.  Gosh, we will seriously need to re-teach him to write once we move back, I'm not sure any American school will accept this handwriting :-) Their current school does not believe in teaching handwriting or cursive, they only encourage neatness in their handwriting which we need to work on too :-)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet cards!

Samarkand was a v nice place, I havent been there for ever. Not sure about veggie selection though.

I liked their fig pudding back in the day haha e.g. 2006.

I also liked barbecue nation. Havent heard of Sunny's. Glad u had a good bday.

Such

Teju said...

The cards were so sweet. You should create a list of cool restaurants you have been to in the last year.
I would love to have your list handy when I am in India next time.