Sunday, April 3, 2011

Apartment Politics

There is  a security guard posted at each of the apartment buildings. We have 5 buildings at our complex.  This morning as we exited the building to go for a walk,  the security guard saluted Prasad as we walked by. I was surprised, why does he get a salute and I just get a stare when I walk by? Not that I need him to salute me, but why should Prasad get special treatment?  At our previous building, the recently appointed guard always stood up when I walked by. I felt a little uncomfortable and didn't know why he had to stand up. But the other day, when Prasad and I both walked by together, the guard  not only stood up but he started chatting him up. What's with all the special treatment?  The guards' only saving grace is that when my cousins came by yesterday and they mentionned they were Prasad's guests (why they used Prasad's name when they are MY cousins, I don't know) , the guards said, oh you mean, Mythili madam's apartment. Ha, at least they know who I am :-)

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

Love the story, Mythili madam!!