Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chick flicks and books

It's 1AM in the morning, and I'm completely enthralled by one of  Cecilia Ahern's books and paying a huge price for the lack of sleep the next day. All that for a romance novel, I have a hard time selecting books and I recognized her as the author of  "The Notebook", so thought her books would be an interesting read.  The book was entertaining but at the end of the day, it's a romance novel. I'm no longer 15, hiding romance novels under my bed and reading them into the wee hours of the night.

I had 2 minutes to pick up a book at the library. Someone returned "He's Just Not That Into You" and it was sitting there for me to pick up so I did. I enjoyed the movie. The book on the other hand is a "self-help" book on how to find a man and it strongly encourages you to never chase a man and if he likes you, he'll pursue you and if isn't pursuing you, "He's just not that into you" and you should move on. What an awful book, I can't believe he could write an entire book on that single premise.

I saw "Just Go With It" a few nights ago and I so enjoyed it! There were some over the top hilarious but silly scenes, I could not stop laughing. Adam Sandler either annoys me or entertains me, I liked him in this movie.  Jennifer Aniston acts the same way in every movie but she's not annoying and her comedic timing is pretty decent. The most  interesting bit  is the movie is the Hollywood version of  "Maine Pyar Kyu Kiya", since when did Hollywood start stealing from Bollywood!?!

The next night, I saw, "No Strings Attached". It's not as funny as "Just Go With It" but  Ashton Kutcher is always his charming self and fun to watch. I don't know how the movie did in the box office but it's one of those movies you could watch once.

More reviews coming later.



No comments: