Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Curtain Information

If you're in the market for tailoring curtains for your home, this is the post to read.

Renovate  - Indiranagar  080 25216785 (12th Main crossing) - Small boutique like store that carries some unique lines of fabric.  Their prices are competitive. They will start carrying the mainstream (Decor) fabrics next month so they will have what every other curtain store has and more.  Soso, the salesperson was very helpful. I ordered most of my curtains here.

NasHome - Currently on  Commercial street but they are moving to Indiranagar - Nageeb, their salesperson was the 2nd most helpful salesperson I have run into. It's a more upscale store and they carry their own line of silks so if you're looking for something unique, it's worth a  visit. They had a moving sale, so I splurged on a set of silk curtains for our living room.  They also carry Decor and other mainstream fabrics which are competitively priced. 

Petals - Indiranagar - 100 ft road -  They carry an extensive set of fabrics including imported brands. Their staff was somewhat aloof and I'm not sure how helpful they would be if you're not sure what you want.

Mysore Saree Udyog (Across Commercial Street) -  They have a selection of silk and sheer material which you can purchase and then get tailored. You should bring your tailor with you so you know how much fabric to buy.  I couldn't find anything I liked but the silks are cheaper than other places so it's a bargain if you find something you like.  (it's one of the recommended places for sari and designer blouses too)

Mani - 09845432536 - Independent tailor - He was recommended by an OWC  member, he suggested that I visit Mysore Udyog and NasHome for fabrics. Nageeb at NasHome said Mani is his best tailor. 

There are many other options out there but I had to stop my research somewhere.  Hope this helps.

No comments: