Here is a list of apparel shops that I've frequented in Bangalore and Hyderabad. I'll keep adding if I can remember or discover any more stores.
Indiranagar:
Bandhej - Ahmedabad based store. They carry a variety of clothing, suits, kurtis, dresses, saris, both casual and formal. They have some unique fabrics and designs. They have a sale twice a year, it's well worth a visit, I have picked up a few gems at great prices.
There are a few designer shops on 100 ft road - Satya Paul, Zarah and Samsaara. Pricey but keep a watch out for their sales.
Commercial Street:
Liberty Silks - Great place to buy saris . They imitate top designers and also carry a few originals. Prices are reasonable. They have a few stores at other malls but their Commercial St. store is the best.
Mysore Silk Udyog - Across from commercial street. It is a huge showroom, 3 floors filled with saris, material and household fabrics. Good place to buy saris and designer blouses. They have a huge selection of silks that can used for dresses, blouses, kurtis and saris. It is a one stop shop!
Shaan's Toddler Boutique or Saguna on 82, Veerapillai Street, Ulsoor (near Commercial Street). - Although I have not had anything tailored by her yet, she has a very loyal set of customers that travel from all over the city. She can tailor both western and Indian clothing. She also carries western clothing and jewelry from Bangkok at reasonable prices.
In the same strip mall as Mysore Silk Udyog, there are small boutiques that sell unique kurtis and artificial jewelry.
W for Women - I bought a few kurtis from W during my first year in India. I haven't found anything interesting since. W clothing is also sold at Lifestyle.
There are a zillion clothing shops along commercial street, spend a few hours browsing the shops. A few examples are FabIndia, Soch, Sterling House, and Max but there are many more gems to be discovered. If you go along a parallel street to the right of Commercial street, there are stores that sell fabric and traditional style suits.
Jayanagar:
Kalaniketan - They sell lovely saris and dressy suits. Worth a visit if you're in the market for a wedding sari. They sell fancy pavadas/langas for girls with pearls and bead embroidery which I have not seen elsewhere. They have stores in Hyderabad too.
Gieana - 10th D Main Road - 080 4150 5577. Ready-made suits in all price ranges available. The clothes are designed in Bangalore and stitched in Chennai. They have a lovely collection, mostly net and silks but I found a couple of gems for my SIL last year. Next door, the same owner has a saree boutique called Mysore Saree Udyog which is worth a look.
Gieana - 10th D Main Road - 080 4150 5577. Ready-made suits in all price ranges available. The clothes are designed in Bangalore and stitched in Chennai. They have a lovely collection, mostly net and silks but I found a couple of gems for my SIL last year. Next door, the same owner has a saree boutique called Mysore Saree Udyog which is worth a look.
If you drive around the 4th block area, there are couple of other interesting clothing stores, I can't remember the names right now. You can also check out the shopping complex.
Miscellaneous Locations
Anokhi at Leela - They are known for their block prints, you can browse through their interesting western and Indian clothing.
Kalanjali - Best location is in Hyderabad, I bought a few of my wedding saris there and made at least one visit during each India trip. They have opened a small shop in Bangalore near our home.
Neeru's - Used to go there for suits during our trips to India. They are located in Hyderabad but they have recently opened a store in Bangalore. They have also started selling their clothing at Lifestyle. I don't particularly like their styles now but I used to be huge fan before.
No comments:
Post a Comment