Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why am I being tested?

Prasad is out of town. There was a massive wasp  flying around the house. The kids were petrified.  The wasp settled on the drapes. I grabbed the mosquito bat and stood there for 5 minutes, paralyzed. The kids strongly encouraged me  to make a move already and finally,  I zapped it. I felt bad, what a way to go. Now it's midnight, I get up to go to bed and I see this massive bug on the floor.  It's just laying there. It's big, bad and ugly. I don't think it's a cockroach but it's some scary looking beetle. I look for a tennis ball bottle or something I could use to cover it and let the maid deal with it in the morning but I can't find  anything. So I grab Prasad's slipper and slam it hard over the bug and leave  it there. I hope it's dead and doesn't crawl from under the slipper.  I couldn't use my chappal, I need to wear it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

Congratulations!! That is a BIG step, err, I mean, swat.

That takes guts, and the dubba to cover the bug until the Bug Man returns home is totally my modus operandi too. What I would have done is sweep it out the door without looking at it. I don't have the guts to whack a big bug.

ksb said...

You are a brave soul. I have been known to put a paper towel over them until Subhas can deal with it, but on occasion supposedly dead bugs have come to life and escaped!