Today we celebrated Children's Day. Rushil and Sindhu had a fun filled day at school to commemorate this day. The newspapers were full of articles on children. Many children were released early from school, thankfully not mine, the whole system I have setup crumbles when they are released early :-)
In case you were wondering what the significance is, today I was educated while reading a small snippet in the newspaper (yes while getting driven to work). Children's Day is celebrated on Jawaharlal Nehru's birthday because he loved children. At one of his speeches in 1957 and I quote from the Times of India "The first and primary duty of us in India must be to look after properly every child in the whole of India... If you do not loook after them today and give them every opportunity of growth, then your future will not be so good"
Anyway, I think we should all celebrate Children's Day all over the world and I wish I had done more to celebrate this special day.
Sindhura was so excited about today. We bought chips and candy for her class as they were having a party. Unfortunately, they had stepped out for drama practice and her candy and other children's candy was stolen, Sindhura was quite disappointed and they could not find out who did it. There is quite bit of petty theft in the school, somewhat concerning....
No comments:
Post a Comment