Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Perception of Bangaloreans?!?

I was trying to book hotels in Munnar, Kerala for our Christmas trip this year. I called one homestay and he said his larger rooms were booked but he had a few standard sized rooms which were available and that maybe we should get an extra room to accomodate the children . I asked him the price of the rooms and then by accident asked him if the rooms had AC. Now Munnar is a hill station so AC in December will not be required. I had taken it back saying it's probably not required when he asked me where I was calling from. I said Bangalore. He abruptly said there were no rooms available and said goodbye. I was taken aback. I called him right back and asked why he suddenly changed his mind. He said they always have trouble with Bangaloreans so he didn't want to rent out the rooms to us. I was shocked ! Should I have said I was American or Canadian, he would have quoted us more and now where do I say I'm from?? Ok Hyderabad, I'm going to try that next time...
I thought with a recession going on, it would be easy to find accomodations, they are all booked, I'm panicking!

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

LOL! A/C in a hill station in December! When I went to Kodaikanal in December it was so bloomin' onion cold we could not even sit on the potty!

Teju said...

If you have not gone to Munnar in December, we'd love to hang out with you in Feb

There is a high likelihood that we may be in India in Feb.