Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sindhu's birthday planning

Saturday is Sindhu's birthday. I found a place that makes chocolate cupcakes with white icing, phew :-) Back in California, I used to bake her cupcakes but given we don't have an oven, I had no choice but to order them. Luckily there are a few places that do make cupcakes, Sindhu does not like cakes... She wanted everyone to do a glass painting craft. None of the entertainers I called were willing to do that so I decided to do the party on my own. We found this great Hobby Store in Indiranagar where I bought glass paint kits for all the girls. Then I went to one of these glass stores (they provide glass windows, glass tops for tables, etc..) and they cut pieces of glass for the girls to paint on. I hope it works out. Apparently they did it at their school so I hope some of the girls know what to do. We'll order pizza from Dominos, it's the only pizza Sindhu likes, she thinks the sauce at the other pizza joints tastes like Indian ketchup. Tomorrow, I have to buy some goody bags, she wants me to get a makeup kit, I'll find some nail polish and maybe some bangles, hopefully I'll only have to go to one place. A couple of the girls in our neighborhood will also sleep over so it should be special day for her. It's rare that we get to have her party on the same day as her birthday. Update on how the birthday goes on Sunday.

No comments: