Word gets around very quickly at work. Nothing is a secret.
1) If you catch some bizarre disease, within a day, everyone knows all the gory details.
2) If a manager took a few team members out for lunch, everyone who didn't get invited knows about it before the lunch even started.
3) Everyone knows everyone's salary, bonus and stock options.
4) Everyone knows what everyone is working on even if it is a 1 week project.
5) If someone bought a home, everyone knows the location, how big it is (BHKs, guess what that stands for) and how much they paid for it. And everyone is invited to the house warming party, personally invited.
6) If someone is pregnant, everyone knows about it at the beginning of the first trimester.
7) People have no qualms telling you how much they paid for their car, their vacation, their house, their rent, whatever else you ask.
Please don't be alarmed if in a couple of years, I ask you how much money you make and how much you paid for your house. I may not come to your house for a dinner party because an evite will not do, personal invitation by phone only and one phone call will not do. Chances are I won't RSVP and you'll only know that I'm coming if you call me again to confirm or if I just show up :-)
2 comments:
re: last para. *grin* that would be funny. Combine that new attitude with your old laid back plan at the last moment kind of survival, and it will make for some interesting parties!
This is funny. It is bizzare as well because relatives tend to be the exact same way and it is really difficult to say - it really is none of your business - Madhav tried this once with his uncle and politely responded by saying I would rather not respond to the question and he got back a " you are learning american ways" not good..
Post a Comment