We seemed to have had an all time record and actually saw 5 movies in the past 2-3 weeks. Here's my take on them.
1) Oye Lucky Lucky OyeThe movie was ok, it dragged towards the end and then ended with him escaping from prison way too easily. Abhay Deol was very good though, I like his understated style of acting. His junior version was very good too.
2) Changeling
Angelina Jolie was surprisingly good in this movie. The movie was disturbing at times and also frustrating. Imagine your child being kidnapped and then the police bringing some other child forcing you to accept that child as yours. She had a sad life, her husband left her, her son was kidnapped and never found, it seemed like she was alone after that and yet she was so tenacious. The interesting point was that she left her son alone the day of the kidnapping and went to work, something that was never discussed in the movie because I suppose it was the norm in those days. The move was well done but I don't know if I would recommend it mainly because it left me so sad at the end of it.
3) Seven Pounds - Interesting concept. Sad and yet a hopeful ending too. Will Smith did a great job. Worth watching..
4) The Reader - We just started watching the movie, have quite a ways to go.
5) New in Town - I haven't seen Rene Zelwegger and Harry Connick Jr in a movie in a long time nor have I seen a chick flick in a while. Rene has aged quite a bit. I did however like the movie but given my tolerance levels for chick flicks are high at this point, I may not be a good judge and plus I like Harry Connick Jr too.
On a side note, the number of mosquitos have increased. Very annoying, I guess this is the season and I know now why folks complain so much. There have always been mosquitos but summer seems to bring out more, I'm sure this month and next month will be miserable.
1 comment:
I have been dying to have Madhav take me to a movie with no luck - the hours have been crazy these past 4 months..
I did watch Billu Barber on TV (Cable bollywood channel a week or so ago) and saw old Audrey Hepburn movies after ages - Funny Face and How to steal a million - again on TV
What movies are Sindhu and Rushil into?
Nina got a movie called Ghatotkach and loves the cartoon. Anika is petrified of one chapter in the movie.
Post a Comment