We've been a bit ambivalent about going to this wedding reception we were invited to. We had been debating whether to go for a few days mainly because we didn't know the family very well, actually, there's more to it than that but that's a post for another day.
This morning I went to a salon to get my hair done, pedicure and eyebrows (an early Mother's day gift to myself) and also finished reading Amitav Ghosh's Sea of Poppies. It just made sense to go to the reception since when have I ever had my hair and nails done on the day of a reception. We got the kids all decked up, I wore a turquoise bandhani sari I bought in Jaipur last year with matching bangles. I realized though that I didn't have any other jewelry that matched, I'll have to fix that soon.
Our driver didn't show up this morning. After reaching his brother, he said that Vijay was at the hospital visiting a friend and may be out for a few hours. Sometime later, Prasad talked to Vijay and he said, he was out distributing wedding invitations for a friend and may only get back around 6pm. You know where this is going, both stories don't match at all and I still don't understand why he didn't tell us upfront that he was going to be unavailable today. 5pm rolls by and we're not able to reach Vijay, his brother said he couldn't reach him since 3pm. We still had our hopes up but 7pm rolled by and no sign of him. Prasad called a cab. The cab driver said he'll be here by 8:15pm. 9pm rolls by and still no sign of the cab even after repeated calls and the company telling us he's only 2 minutes away each time we call. The actual cab driver calls us and tells us he's still in Koramangala, that's just too far so we cancelled the cab. Prasad thought maybe he should drive. When he called our friend to get directions, it sounded so complicated and it's near Forum mall which is a very busy part of town and he's not used to driving that far especially on a Saturday night so we decided to called the whole thing off.
Somewhat of a letdown. We're all cuddled up on the couch eating eating leftovers from lunch and watching movies. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and guess who is going to earful from us if he shows up :-)
Happy Mother's Day!
3 comments:
I hope you took a picture of the world's best dressed cuddlefest!
aww...that's too bad. I second the request for pics!
No pictures, we weren't in the mood. We all changed into our PJs and by the time I finished this post, Rushil and Prasad were asleep. Sindhu stayed up a bit longer and then I shoo'ed her off to bed and watched Revolutionary Road by myself. They both did a great acting job in the movie but it was a bit morbid.
Post a Comment