Thursday, September 24, 2009
Off to Bali tonight!
Bali has eluded us multiple times. My sister lived in Indonesia for 9 months in the mid 90s and I never took the opportunity to go. We wanted to go for our honeymoon but Prasad had an Indian passport and they were estimating 2-3 months to get a visa at that time. We considered Bali when we were planning our India trips but it didn't happen. Then in 2002, we booked our tickets, got our visas but the Bali bombings happened a couple of days before we were to fly out and we had to cancel and re divert our trip to Darjeeling. In retrospect, it was probably a good idea since I was pregnant with Rushil so a cooler destination was more suitable. So here we are 7 years later giving it another go. Rushil complained of a stomach ache last night and this morning moaned and groaned that he was too tired to go to school. Hope he isn't coming down with something that will last a week :-( I'm off to the pharmacy to stock up on lactobacillus acidophilus and other medicines just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have fun - hope Rushil stays healthy during your trip.
Isn't it amazing how certain destinations just elude you..
Madhav and I have been wanting to go to Switzerland many many times (honeymoon)which did not happen because it was december and then we wanted to go when I was pregnant with Nina (one trip before the kids arrived) and I was bed ridden.
This August, we booked tickets to stop over for a week and canceled because our India plans changed.
Someday...
Have a fabulous time! We'd like to take the kids to Bali someday. Hope Rushil is well and it is just travelitis.
Post a Comment