Saturday, December 4, 2010

A new term to be added to the dictionary: Study Gunghis

Sindhura: I had a stomach ache during my exam today.
Me: Maybe you were nervous about the exam.
Sindhura: No, I wasn't nervous at all.
Me: Are you sure, you must have been a little nervous.
Sindhura: Nope.
Me: How about your friends, were any of them nervous?
Sindhura: Well my friend Alice was not nervous either.
Me: What about Nisha?
Sindhura: What do you think?
Me: I guess she was.
Sindhura: Ofcourse, all the  "study gunghis" are nervous before an exam.

The fact that she is not a "study gunghi" does not bode well. On to Plan B, whatever that is.

3 comments:

Teju said...

too funny. How do you pronounce this?

I hope she always remains this carefree and confident and takes life by the horns!!

Anonymous said...

What is a study gunghi? A keener? Does it come from "GUNG HO"? Or Genghiz Khan haha.

I was proudly called a MUGPOT, in my days ... for being very enthusiastic about school.

OR Goody goody.

Mythili said...

I have no idea where the term came from, it's her made up name for a "keener" I suppose.

It is sort of pronounced like "Gungho" but with an "i" sound at the end.