Yesterday, we had a small celebration at his school. I literally ran out of my workplace, my meeting ran late and I arrived 10 minutes past the designated time. I was so not prepared and only realized that when I arrived. I had arranged for a cake the night before and yesterday the driver picked up the cake and some drinks. Back in the US, I never had to worry about plates, cups, forks and napkins, the school always had provided them. But given I was in such a hurry, I realized only when I entered the school that maybe I shouldn't have assumed they would be able to provide those items and ofcourse I completely forgot the candles and matches :-( Luckily his teacher, Ms Shanthi, calmly collected everything we needed and pulled it off. Rushil was oblivious to my blunders and was just so thrilled that I was there and didn't even comment that the cake was pink! I was so embarrassed by the whole affair, I promptly filled Rushil's backpack with paper plates, cups, napkins when we got home last night to make up for my blunder. It's not that they don't have the items, it's just that they don't typically eat anything in the classroom, they eat in the cafeteria or in the open space of the building so they don't keep any of those items handy.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Rushil!!
I cannot believe 6 years have gone by..
Happy Birthday Rushil! I remember when you were 3 months old! Gosh, what an adventure, Myli, LOL! but you can imagine, I am laughing my headoff, as only you can *still* manage to pull everything off in a state of total disorganization!!!! You rock!
Post a Comment