Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sindhu's camping trip

Sindhu went on an overnight leadership camping trip with her school. She was so excited about packing for the trip, this was the first time she ever took interest in packing anything other than her books and games. She came back exhausted but happy. They had a very packed schedule for 2 days. Boating, rock climbing (with an actual harness and up a real mountain), hiking, lots of games, obstacle races, treasure hunt and in the evening they danced around a bonfire. I think it was a great bonding session and a memorable experience. I never got to do anything so much fun during my elementary school years. I remember going on a biology field trip (can't remember the name of the camp, anyone from Centennial reading the blog!?!) in my final year of high school. During those few days, I built a solid foundation for new friendships that lasted years after that. I hope that years from now, Sindhu or Rushil will meet someone who went to Indus, will forge a bond and will remember the few years they spent in India. This is assuming we'll move back to the US, which I think we will but with the economy the way it is, I hope, we'll be able to find jobs again to be able to return.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

Yikes, Myli, I hope you will come back :( You sound so serious all of a sudden.

Teju said...

Yes - you better come back - we all have this grand plan of coming back to California in 3 years.