Tuesday, March 3, 2009
White Tiger
My friend Garima recommended that I read this book. I had been eyeing it for some time but decided to read it after her recommendation during our Trivandrum trip. The book is taken from the perspective of a driver for a rich couple in India. He does the unthinkable to his employer. It was a bit scary reading this book. It makes me wonder if our driver, cook and maid all think of us in this way. There are some horror stories we have read about in the newspapers along the same lines as this book. I guess the only thing we can do is to treat them with respect and hope for the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you. It was an interesting view into a different world
I read another fluffy book called almost single - bridget jones in India type of book. Again a very different view of a sub culture that I see but did not experience
Post a Comment