Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

I stayed up late to watch the inauguration speech. I felt cold just watching the crowds standing outside, so many people were there, it was very inspiring to see that. I caught the tail end of the speech on CNN and watched the rest online. It was a great speech and he delivered it exceptionally well. His speech was a good blend of the harsh reality of the financial crisis in the world and yet provided hope for the future. I liked Michelle Obama's dress, I'm always impressed with anyone that can pull off wearing yellow/mustard. Everyone is asleep in the house so I didn't have anyone to share this with so I decided to blog.

1 comment:

Teju said...

Hi Mythili,

The speech was impressive and I loved how the couple interacted. The inauguration ball pictures are wonderful and truly shows the bond that exists between the Obamas.

I agree with you regarding her dress - I would not have thought to pair yellow with green (gloves and shoes). Her daughters looked adorable.

New era for sure and such a welcome change.