Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Water shortage

When we got back from our Kerala, we realized that we had a severe water problem. We have a tank which has a feed from the main water supply in the colony. From the tank, we have a pump that fills up a storage tank located on the roof of our house. This means that if we have no power for a significant amount of time we have no water and having a generator doesn't help. I had no clue how this worked until we ran into this problem. Seems there was a blockage and both our house and our neighbours house were not getting any water supply. After repeated calls and visits to the clubhouse, they finally told us that the water supply would be back that afternoon at 4pm. Well, this is India, 4pm could mean next week for all we knew. Fortunately, our driver lived next to someone who owns a water supply truck. Within a half hour, there was a huge truck at our house that filled our water tank and we were back in business. I was extremely impressed, I was sure we would be without water for days and it only cost us 250 rupees! And I must say, the blockage was fixed that day and we have had no issues since then related to water.

No comments: