Sunday, January 4, 2009
Slumdog Millionaire
We saw this movie over the weekend and loved it. It is quite disturbing and somewhat of an eye-opener but was made very well. I highly recommend this movie. I don't want to give away any bit of the movie so I'll write about one unrelated scene. A waiter at a restaurant was filling up tap water in empty plastic bottles and sealing them so they could sell them off as mineral water. It was so easy to do and scary to see as we typically drink bottled water at restaurants. Many folks have warned me about this but I didn't realize how easy it was to do until I saw the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree. very powerful movie - loved how the story unfolded.
It is definitely a must see.
The actress reminded me a bit of nandita das (great acting and striking face)
You know - I thought the very same thing when I saw the water bottle stuff.
The Surdas scene was the most difficult to watch for me.
Post a Comment