Friday, January 30, 2009

Reward System

Bakugans are the latest craze among young boys. I think they were released a few months ago and every boy collects these little warriers and they battle among each other. Rushil is a little young to really understand how to battle but because he interacts with so many older boys in our community, he has become obsessed with them. Prasad has now setup a reward system which is quite effective, Rushil has to get multiple perfect scores in his spelling tests and is then allowed to add to his collection. For the last couple of months, he has been pestering his father to buy him a couple of what I see as "balls". Anyway, he has been sharing this reward system with his friends and now his friend's parents are saying they will also try it out. Sindhura was telling me that Bakugans are banned at their school as the boys were getting upset when they lost either the toy or the game and it was actually affecting their academics! I guess I need to delve deeper into the game to understand what the big deal is.

No comments: