Thursday, January 29, 2009

Prasad's Birthday

Today's is Prasad's birthday. He shares it with two other people we know, Ankur and Mangesh, not too many people are aware of this fact so I thought I'd share this with you. We were going to celebrate it over the weekend but decided to live on the wild side and eat out at a restaurant. The fact that we forgot to buy vegetables and Paresh, our cook only prepared fresh rotis but no subzji probably weighed in on our decision. Given how horrendous the traffic can be in Bangalore, we picked an Italian restaurant in the Marathahalli area rather than going into the city. We still encountered quite a bit of traffic though but there is no point in discussing Bangalore's well known traffic congestion issues. We went to Restaurante Italiano. It was opened 8 months ago by an Italian from Milan. The food was excellent, the service great and the owner very personable. They even served a cake and sang Happy Birthday to Prasad which was a surprise for him and a treat for the Sindhu and Rushil. I'm thrilled that we discovered this restaurant as the next closest Italian place is in Koramangala or Whitefield. The birthday celebrations are not yet over, I still need to buy Prasad a present but I'll take care of that over the weekend once I figure out what to get him :-)

No comments: