I must admit, I have not really found a tv channel I like to watch. The kids watch Pogo and Disney channels and they actually watch more American shows than they used to back in Fremont. They also watch some of the local shows like Chota Bheem and Hole in the Wall. Prasad and I however have not been able to find any good entertainment channels. Yes, we watch CNN and so I did get the see the inauguration and some of the election drama. On occasion Prasad will watch a Telugu movie or there is one channel that airs Friends reruns so now I'm seriously caught up on Friends. Usually most of the channels are pretty unappealing even though there over a hundred to choose from. I really want to watch the Oscars so I believe it will be aired here but I'm not sure when. I haven't even seen an Indian awards show like Film Fare Awards, I have no idea when they air those shows. I miss shows like Grey's Anatomy, Lost, and other comedy shows. Pretty dismal I suppose but I guess we make up for it by watching movies on our DVD player.
One thing I have noticed is that commercials have definitely improved and they are quite entertaining and humourous. Even I get them even though many are in Hindi. They have some amusing Tata Sky commercials with Amir Khan and Airtel commericals with Vidya Balan and Kareena Kapoor. Even the ones without movie stars are funny. I think Prasad finds the commercials more entertaining than the actual shows :-)
3 comments:
Oh we always loved Indian ads! I do like the Airtel ones, but that's because I have a major crush on Madhavan (the actor with Vidya Balan)! :-)
As for other Indian channels, we tend to focus on channels showing carnatic music, for the few weeks we're there, so stick with the dependable Raj/Udaya/Vijay/Jaya TV channels. B4U and its clones are the same the world over. (Current Hindi film music - good timepass, if you don't care for the picturizations, which tend towards writhing skimpily clad white women). Filmfare is usually shown on Sony TV. Zee TV used to have some decent shows (saregamapa) - but that's ended recently and the new show is boring. NDTV is OK, but again, we only watch some talk shows. I understand House is shown on AXN there. Other than that, all our family is news addicted, so we wind up watching every iteration of the news, from the Indian Headlines Today Channels to BBC to CNN to...last time we were there, my kids were hooked on a krishna cartoon show - don't remember the channel, but the cartoon was pretty decent.
M
Maith!
Madhavan is great in those commercials :-)
I used to watch B4U and ZeeTV but now the novelty has worn off.
AXN and a few other channels have some American shows but seems to be mainly reruns.
Myli, do u want me to DVR and send u some DVDs of your shows that you miss? We are paying a fortune for the technology and not watching any TV at all. Would make it worth it if at least YOU were watching!
Post a Comment