Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our First Pet



Sindhu and Rushil have been wanting a pet for the longest time. Finally we gave in and bought the least invasive and easiest to maintain pet, you guessed it, fish. Sasha and Max are the new additions to the family. Plenty of drama surrounding the purchase:
Sindhu: I want to keep them in my room.
Rushil: No I want them in my room, I'm going to teach them tricks.
Me: We're only getting one bowl and 2 fish. Where are you going to keep it in your room, you don't have a table.

Rushil: I'll keep the bowl on the floor.
Prasad: We're keeping them in the family room.
Sindhu: Then I don't want one. Someone is going to knock the bowl over in the family room.
Prasad: Someone will knock it over in your room. Family room or no fish.

Rushi and Sindhu: Ok fine.
Sindhu: I get to feed them.
Rushil: No I get to feed them.
Me: Rushil can feed them in the morning and Sindhu at night.
Sindhu and Rushil: Ok
Me: Who is going to wash the bowl every week?
Sindhu: Yellama... (the maid)

Need I say more?

3 comments:

Raji P. said...

LOL! thank goodness you did not get a dog :-)

Raji,
no brothers
no sisters
no dog
no cat
not even a fish
(age 4)

Teju said...

oh my gosh

congratulations..
I love the names
Nina and Anika are going to be sooo envious - Nina has been after me for a dog since she turned 8..

Mythili said...

Kids wanted a dog, and this was the compromise. The fish are quite cute. They get excited when they see one of us nearby, I guess they think we're going to feed them.