Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!




Oh yes, we had a romantic evening planned, dinner, dancing, gifts, the whole shabang... NOT! I did however receive beautiful flowers. Also last week, I did some splurging at a Satya Paul store so Prasad linked that purchase to Valentine's Day :-)

We had a pretty packed day. Sindhu had a birthday party yesterday morning and Urvashi slept over last night so Sindhu was thrilled. My uncle and aunt were visiting from Goa so my cousins, my uncles and aunts came over for lunch. Lunch was followed by Wii and Carrom board matches. Later that evening our friend invited us over for a surprise birthday party so our evening entertainment was covered too.

In case anyone was wondering what happened to the Moral Police in Bangalore on Valentine's day, apparently, there was "perfect harmony" in the city and the celebrations took place as planned. It helped that the head of the Sri Rama Sene party and other potential disrupters were put behind bars. I actually wish I was out in the city to see how Valentine's Day is really celebrated in Bangalore, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Madz said...

Too funny about the moral police!! There was actually a report on NPR about it. The report talked about "A Consortium of Pub-Going, Loose and Forward Women", an opposition group who starting the Pink Chaddi campaign to sent millions of pink panties to Sri Ram Sena on Valentine's Day. I was cracking up when I heard it. Was it well publicized as well?

Mythili said...

Heh Madhavi, nice to hear from you!
Yes, it was the topic of discussion here on a daily basis. There are women that are harrassed in Bangalore even now and the younger crowd is planning to stock up on pepper sprays and get some defense training.