So it's interesting because the actual awards took place on Feb 28th. I'm not sure if the awards were aired on that day or not, the ad for the event was confusing. Today they aired the show on Sony one week after we already knew who the award recipients were. I'm guessing it's because they needed to edit the show to fit it into the timeslot, I don't know but it's a bit odd to air it a week later.
The notable MCs were Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan, they really lit up the show and if I understood Hindi, I probably would have appreciated the humour much more. I have never seen this show before so I have nothing to compare to but these two were a good choice for spicing up the show.
I thought I saw all the popular movies but looks like some of the winners were the movies I didn't see: Rock On, Mumbai Meri Jaan and Oye Lucky Lucky Oye. They had lovely tribute to the Slum Dog child actors and actresses who seemed to be so thrilled to be there.
Deepika, Kareena, Bipasha, Priyanka & Aishwarya all looked stunning. I don't think anyone wore anything disastrous, ok well Preity Zinta's dress was not all that great.
4 comments:
Did I imagine it or did you once say you were going to take Hindi classes? Do the children need to learn any Indian lang at school?
I hated Bipasha's bikini blouse with that sari...but yeah otherwise the women usually look fantastic :-)
As for Imran/Ranbir's hosting - nah - it was OK, but too suck-up-to-elders to be really good. Plus Ranbir irritates me - looks so much like his mother, and comes off as a rich twit in interviews :)
Indian award shows used to have snarky presenters/hosts - but they went OTT recently at another award show (stardust awards, maybe?) and someone big got all upset, so they probably toned things down.
me, I just want a Sabayaschi sale...Aish's sari was lovely.
Oh and forgot to add - the movies you listed...OLLO is very good, but am not sure how much you'll get out of it if you are going by subtitles - the quality of subtitles is usually pretty chancy, and the movie relies on verbal cues.
Rock on - I was bored by it. Very bored by it. But then pointless angst isn't my thing.
MmJ - Heard decent things about it, but apparently the movie didn't hold up all the way through. Maddy did well and I would watch just for the Maddy-love :-) Haven't seen it here on DVD, so haven't watched it yet.
Raji, I was supposed to take classes, I haven't found a good tutor so far. Even Sindhu's tutor is good for reading/writing but not for speaking. He's quite "old school" although he is young so can't relate when I tell him to spend some time on teaching Sindhu to speak hindi.
Maith, I think Ranbir is cute! I must admit though I haven't seen any of his interviews. The whole show would have been dull without Imran/Ranbir. Deepika and Konkana were dull, I think Konkana would have done better with a better co-host.
I will have to check out OLLO and MMj. Thanks for the tips on the hill stations.
Post a Comment