On Sunday, we went to see a few apartments. We're debating about moving, mainly to find a place that has more children and more of an active community. Although S & R have friends where we live now, it's a very small group and if their friends are out of town, they get quite bored. We saw one apartment complex we liked, there is one aspect of it, I still don't like but I think the kids will be happier there so we may move if we find the right apartment. It will be an adjustment for us to live in an apartment though. I think we spoiled ourselves by moving into a spacious beautiful house in a quiet neighborhood.
Later that day, Rushil and I went to a house warming event. (Sindhu was at a playdate with her friend at the apartment complex we're thinking of moving to) He had 200+ people attend this event, a sit down meal served on banana leaves wedding style. Since I was his manager, I received special treatment, he announced to everyone that I was his manager and made sure I was well taken care of. I have already been invited to three weddings since I've joined and folks don't invite you for the sake of it, they actually expect you to attend unless it's out of town. Other customs that are followed at work, bringing sweets on your birthday, bringing sweets when it's your grandfather's birthday and bringing sweets when you buy a new car.
4 comments:
Was the Rajasthani place called "Rajdhani" - hope it is! We loved Rajdhani in Bombay and would love to have a similar one in B'lore. (Though the thought of my father's face when I tell him I want to trek all the way out to UB mall to eat at a Rajasthani Thali place is giving me pause :-))
You might move to an apartment block? To quote a friend of mine, oh wait, that would be you, "Are you JOKING????!!!"
Have you forgotten how, umm, loud you guys are?! :-)
Geez, you haven't lived in an apartment since Sacramento, are you serious?
Yes Maith, it's called Rajdhani.
Raji, if you were going to quote me, I think I would say "Are you kidding me?!?" BTW, Rushil has picked that up and says it all the time :-) We are loud, but that isn't my problem, is it? :-) It's going to definitely be an adjustment but I think the kids will be happier there. Most of the people that live in these apartments are NRIs who used to live in houses and seem to have adjusted fine.
We definitely made the house to condo transition and are happy except for a few minor adjustments.
Kids adjusted very easily and love the fact that our neighbors all have dogs that they can pet and play with.
We are fortunate that we have very nice neighbors (except stomping man upstairs which drives Madhav crazy but the guy's stomping is nothing compared to Madhav's snoring so it is neutral as far as I am concerned..
I agree with you about the sweets thing - it is such a nice tradition..
Post a Comment