Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rushil's anecdotes

Today Rushil called me from home to advocate for Sindhu that she didn't need Hindi tutoring beacause she had too much other homework. I was first of all really impressed that he remembered my cell phone number and made the call himself. I was sitting in a 1:1 with a team member and laughed my head off when he called. Kids have the most adorable voices on the phone. I asked him why he was calling for her and he said beacause she asked him to. A rare moment of sibling teamwork...

Later in the evening, we were both taking a walk in the neighborhood and out of the blue, he told me that he didn't want me to get upset when he calls me a "bad mommy". He told me that he only says that when he's angry and doesn't mean it and how could he possibly think I'm a bad mommy. I guess he's planning on calling me a "bad mommy" sometime soon and has already given himself an out because he's warned me upfront that he doesn't mean it, classic Prasad move. Anyway again, another cute moment.

2 comments:

Teju said...

Hi Mythili,

We know a friend whose 3 year old son refered to everybody except his mom as "bad boy" you had to earn the "good boy" title.

Rushil and Sindhu remind me somtime of Baby Blues where Hammie goes and supports his sister zoe..

Teju

Mythili said...

Same thing happened yesterday, he called to get her out of tennis and tell me she's going to her friend's place.Sindhu doesn't have my number memorized so Rushil feels empowered since he does remember it and can call me easily. I vaguely remembering reading the Baby Blues comics, will have to go and refresh my memory.