Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2009 Holidays and Festivals

Can you believe all but one of the holidays/festivals next year land on a Monday or Friday. You won't believe how overjoyed we are about this. I wish Sankranthi also landed on a Monday or Friday as it is a big Andhra celebration and I would have loved to spend it in Hyderabad with our relatives. It's also a special one for children so it would have been a nice experience for Rushil and Sindhu too. Well I'm still thankful for all the other long weekends. We're planning the first trip of 2009 during the Republic Day long weekend.

14-Jan-09 Wednesday Makara Shankranthi
26-Jan-09 Monday Republic Day
27-Mar-09 Friday Ugadi
10-Apr-09 Friday Good Friday
01-May-09 Friday May Day
14-Aug-09 Friday Janamashtami
21-Sep-09 Monday Ramzan
28-Sep-09 Monday Vijaya Dashami
02-Oct-09 Friday Gandhi Jayanthi
16-Oct-09 Monday Naraka Chaturdashi/ Deepavali
25-Dec-09 Friday Christmas

No comments: