Since the Mumbai blasts, many places have added more security. At my office, most recently, they are checking our car, the trunk, under the car and they even have dogs that I presume sniff for explosives. At Sindhu and Rushil's school, they have also made some drastic changes. Each child is given an ID badge and parents now have to be escorted when they are in the school. Earlier we could walk freely in the campus. The malls always had metal detectors and people that checked our bags, so I don't see a huge difference but perhaps they are educated now on what they should be looking for, at least I hope so.
I have mixed feelings about all this security. I do want my children to be protected and I'm glad the school is thinking about improving their safety and implementing changes but to what extreme. Seeing all this security is a constant reminder to me that we are not safe...
No comments:
Post a Comment