Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quotes from Rushil

The other day, I was rushing to get the kids ready for school, Rushil casually mentions, "Mommy, you don't look like a mommy"
I, distractedly said, "Really, what do I like look?"
He said, "You look like my sister!"
Well I was flattered however, he also never fails to tell me that I need to lose weight. He rubs my tummy and he says "Mommy you're getting fat, you need to exercise. "

So yesterday, he and Prasad went to pick up Sindhura at tennis class. On his way out of the house, Rushil told me that he would like me to use the free time I had waiting for them to come back to take a walk as it is good exercise. In the car, he shares in confidence with Prasad that his reason for giving me that advice is that "He cares about me."

Every day, he says something that should be recorded, I wish I could capture all his anecdotes as probably in a year or two, he'll be more reserved and I'll miss all those cute things he used to say as I do with Sindhu. Often Sindhu and I will share a smile between us when Rushil says something cute and he doesn't even know it.

No comments: