The streets were full of people and we saw a few groups of young people getting ready for some heavy clubbing. It seems like New Year's Eve is not such a big holiday here. Most establishments are open on January 1st. In Bangalore, some restaurants and most hotels had special celebrations planned but mainly catered for expats, NRIs and the young crowd.
I don't have any New Year's resolutions but these are some of the items I would like to take care of this year.
1) Exercise more. I say this every year but have to keep it there as it is very important. After moving to India, I have not found a proper routine.
2) Be a better parent. A broad goal but mainly I need to be more patient with the children.
3) Join a charity or NGO organization and volunteer my time. There are so many avenues to explore so I need to get involved in something this year.
4) Improve Rushil and Sindhu's skin. This is the one main issue we have after arriving in India.
5) Hoping that Sindhura will enjoy India more. She is enjoying it here most of the time but I think she doesn't know it yet :-)
Wish you all the very best in the upcoming year and we hope that all of you will come and visit us.
1 comment:
Re: #5 - even if she does not realize it when in India, she will realize it very well when you return to the US. I did not like my India stay one bit (when I was 11) but the moment I returned I missed it terribly, and every since I consider it one of my most memorable and special times of my life. It changed me like nothing else could. To this day I treasure that time. You are doing a wonderful thing for the children!
Post a Comment