Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Snakes :-(
One cannot have a blog about living in India and not have some reference to snakes in it. Today I was dropping Sindhura's friend Nimisha back at home after their tennis class. I have noticed that every time I open her gate, Nimisha pauses before moving foward. I was teasing her about it and her mother came out and mentionned that they saw 4-5 snakes in the last 2 months in their yard. Then she went on to say that there are a lot of snakes in the neighborhood and they are attracted to the frogs and rats. I have seen frogs in their yard quite a few times. Anshula has spent the last 3 weeks pruning all her plants and then clearing all the tall grass in her neighboring plot so the frogs, rats and snakes have nowhere to hide. Guess what I announced when I got home, we're also going to do some cleaning up in our yard. Rushil's friend, Shrey came by later and he used to know the previous tenants and told us that they also saw a few snakes in our yard. I'm already paranoid enough when I walk through our house in the dark worried about what I'm going to step on, this bit of news is not going to help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment