Thursday, December 11, 2008

Top Ten Things I miss About the US.

I got the idea of doing a Top Ten from my buddy. Here's my Top Ten list of things I miss about California.
  1. I miss the long hot showers in my cozy bathroom back in Fremont, geysers just don't provide enough hot water to have a long hot shower.
  2. I miss MNOs with my friends.
  3. I miss being able to pick up the phone and calling my parents or my brother from my cell phone on my way home from work.
  4. I miss driving (more the independence of getting around on my own but not the driving part)
  5. I miss not worrying about mosquitos and poisonous snakes. I know there are rattle snakes in CA, but I never worried about them.
  6. I miss seeing clean roads, far less pollution and our huge backyard.
  7. I miss seeing everyone in the playgroups and all our other friends.
  8. I miss not seeing so much poverty on a daily basis.
  9. I miss buying western clothing but the Indian clothing shopping does somewhat make up for it.
  10. I miss eating a moist piece of chocolate cake. Cakes here are kind of dry.

3 comments:

Raji P. said...

How about a Top 10 Things I Do Not Miss? Like cooking, cleaning, laundry :-)

Mythili said...

yep, already in the works. I'm short 2 things so didn't post it yet.

Teju said...

Hi Mythili,

I love your top 10 list. I am in the US but I miss many of the same things that you miss

- I take the train and so do not drive much at all and I do miss that.
- We live in a condo and I do miss a backyard
- I do miss the playgroups and friends and GNOs

Keep writing - I love reading your blog..

Teju