Thursday, December 18, 2008

Salad


OK, I'm not sure how scrumptious this salad looks but it is really delicious and lowfat. This is my cook's invention and every day after work, I gobble down a bowl of this before getting on with my evening. The red colour is from beet roots which I was never a fan of it before but it is a mainstay for us now. He adds beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, lemon and a dash of salt. Occasionally, he'll add slivers of mango or cucumbers, or other variations. Given we don't speak a common language, I don't know where he picked up this dish but he did go to a culinary institute in Orissa so maybe he learned it there.
Prasad's friend Prashanth and his wife Shobha introduced us to Paresh our cook. The other day Paresh was telling Shobha that he'll be out of town for a few weeks and that he'll send his friend as his replacement during his absence. He told her that his friend is quite old though, he's 37 but he'll do fine. Shobha asked Paresh how old he was, he's only 19!! No wonder he thinks a 37 year old is so old. Can I feel any older?!?

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

LOL!! reminds me of the incident when S&L (23 an 19 at the time)told us (we were 27 at the time) how they had met an "elderly" couple. How old? "30" !