Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sindhura has done me proud



Homework has always been a sore point between Sindhu and I. All our discussions around homework are pretty unpleasant. On Tuesday, Sindhu announced that there was a project that she forgot about and that it had to be completed by Thursday or Friday. This is not the first time I hear about a project at the last minute. To be fair to her though, she was sick over the weekend and she did do her regular homework but forgot about this one. Anyway, she had to do a project on a hero and she chose Mahatma Gandhi, she was oscillating back and forth since she also had to dress up like him for the presentation part and she was not thrilled about that. Anyway, after 3 evenings, she pulled off the project by herself and did an amazing job! This was the first time, that other than photocopying some pictures for her poster and some brainstorming, I did not help her at all. I have seen a change in her since Diwali. She had a huge Human Body project which was painful for both of us as it took forever for her to complete but ever since then, she has taken control of her homework and we have had a fairly peaceful few weeks. I'm holding my breath to see if this continues...

No comments: